Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Cannot get VideoProfile on publish server

Level 2

We have the following js code to generate a component with a video (inspired by foundation/components/video/source.jsp)

VideoProfile = com.day.cq.dam.video.VideoProfile,

for (var i=0;i<videoProfiles.length;i++){

var vf = VideoProfile.get(resolver, videoProfiles[i]);

On the publish server, the returned videoProfile (vf) is always null, except if I login as admin. I assume this is some permission issue, maybe on /etc/dam/video.

What are the expected permissions on a publish server? What should I do so that an anonymous user can see the video?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Restoring the "rep:policy" node and giving read permission to "everyone" on /etc/dam/video fixes my issue

smacdonald2008 Veena_07 Thanks for the support.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 10

What is the permission of the video. Can you play the video on a publish page if you use the ootb video component.

Community Advisor

Since you see the video when logged in as admin , this is clearly permission issue.

One question , - Why do you need to keep a DAM asset under ETC ? by default, anonymous users are not given permission to most of items under etc except your project designs . Any digital asset should be managed under /content/dam . If not for any particular reason,may be you can move the videos to DAM. Else , you need to provide permission to anonymous users to that folder to access the assets kept under /etc/dam

Thanks

Veena

Level 2

We keep the assets in /content/dam, but the list of the video profiles is in /etc/dam/video

To mimic the behaviour in foundation/components/video/source.jsp, we try to read the VideoProfile, then use videoProfile.getRendition(...) and videoProfile.getHtmlSource(...) to generate the HTML5 <source/> tag.

Level 2

The default component doesn't work (NullPointerException in flash.jsp, probably caused by the same permission issue).

There currently are no specific permission on /etc/dam/video on our publish server. I checked a fresh publish server, there is a read permission for "everyone".

For information, I previously removed the rep:policy node in /etc/dam/video to fix that other issue. I guess that's the cause of my video issue on the publish server, I'll restore the node on the publish server.

Correct answer by
Level 2

Restoring the "rep:policy" node and giving read permission to "everyone" on /etc/dam/video fixes my issue

smacdonald2008 Veena_07 Thanks for the support.