Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Reporting on user logins in AEM

Community Advisor

Hi there, found this post in the forum https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-manager/adobe-experience-manager-r...

but being new to aem i have a few questions, i put the java file in main\java\com\projectname\core\filters , is that correct? 

Anything else needed somewhere in a pom.xml to have it included in the build?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @Sebastiane_Edberg_ ,

To debug:

1. Start looking into logs, error.log file to see any error which is popping up in that class.

2 . Next you can go to "/system/console/components" and look for that component and see if it is in active state. You can see the name and make sure the component is deployed with your code.

There could be some permission issue with the system user you created, make sure you are providing read and write permission. Instead try giving jcr:all permission and test.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi @Sebastiane_Edberg_ , 

Here you don't have to make any entries in pom.xml in order to include the class in the build. You can just follow the steps mentioned in the article, which includes making some configuration for creating system user and then including the java class. No addition pom.xml is needed.

Community Advisor

@Anish-Sinha ok thank you, and I put it here: main\java\com\projectname\core\filters and then built the project, setup the service user as per instruction as well, but when logging in with a test user it does not write that last logged in property to the profile node. A little unsure where to start troubleshooting, can I see somewhere that this class is actually included now in the latest build?  

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @Sebastiane_Edberg_ ,

To debug:

1. Start looking into logs, error.log file to see any error which is popping up in that class.

2 . Next you can go to "/system/console/components" and look for that component and see if it is in active state. You can see the name and make sure the component is deployed with your code.

There could be some permission issue with the system user you created, make sure you are providing read and write permission. Instead try giving jcr:all permission and test.