Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Regarding etc/map with sub folder which need internalredirect towards /content/dam/wwe/

Level 3

Hi Community members, 

Refering :http://blog.magmalabs.io/2016/07/26/how-to-use-internal-redirects-in-aem.html

We need etc mapping for subfolder.

etc/map is already exists on production and routing pages properly. We have added few images in dam with path "/content/dam/wwe" ,

Below mapping working fine.

phampi_0-1642014353093.png

but for below mapping it giving 404 error,

phampi_1-1642014473362.png

jcrresolver is showing below mappings,

phampi_2-1642014602917.png

Please help me to resolve this, thanks in advance. Please let me know if need more details.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

sling mappings are always tricky to diagnose without being on the system but your maps do not look correct.

Can you try just putting in wwe and not /wwe/ and see if the redirect goes as intended. also, if you go to news///wwe  what happens?

I would also try and change the first entry to the /news/wwe just to verify that redirect works then you may want to have a generic localhost entry and subentries for both news and news/wwe with that one first 

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 2

2 things I see that may be as issue; 

1) your redirect for wwe has 3 /// in it which may cause an issue and also I think the rules would be evaluated from top down so /news will always evaluate first so it may never get to the second rule.

I almost always use mod rewrite and mod substitute for this kind of thing as it is so much easier to evaluate than sling mappings IMO

Level 3

Hi @stephens7886327, Thanks for the reply. We don't have dispatcher access to make changes.Is there any alternative possible, please let me know. Thanks.

Correct answer by
Level 2

sling mappings are always tricky to diagnose without being on the system but your maps do not look correct.

Can you try just putting in wwe and not /wwe/ and see if the redirect goes as intended. also, if you go to news///wwe  what happens?

I would also try and change the first entry to the /news/wwe just to verify that redirect works then you may want to have a generic localhost entry and subentries for both news and news/wwe with that one first 

Level 3

Hi @stephens7886327

Respective images are getting downloaded instead of visible in browser. I also tried to play around Apache Sling Content Disposition Filter. but no luck. Could you please guide. 

Thanks and regards,

Pavan

Level 2

Can you show an image of the filter?  You need to probable have the /wwe path in there and not the /content path.

this would be easy to solve with apache but you have no access.

also try using curl -I to see if the file has the header attachment