Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

Problem loading custom script with the clientlibs tag

Level 4

I am working on a project where they are heavily customizing standard pages. I have been able to add a button they asked for on a page but when I add the category for the script, the script is not being included on the page. The dumplibs.html tool shows the script with it's path and content fine. I can see it in the CRX tool but the script is not being included with the rendered page. I have the defined category name listed in the <clientlibs categories="....,my.category" />  but I don't see the script when the page is created.

Any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

I found it. Someone else had created the folder. They did not think they need the full list of files and the css.txt file was not created. I think this is stupid as hell but if  you don't have the .content.xml, css.txt, and js.txt, the TouchUI will not load anything. I added the css.txt file and all of a sudden, it worked.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Level 10

Is there a naming conflict - did you use this more than 1 time. That is the only time that I have seen a clientlib not load - when the same name was used more than once for a client lib. 

Correct answer by
Level 4

I found it. Someone else had created the folder. They did not think they need the full list of files and the css.txt file was not created. I think this is stupid as hell but if  you don't have the .content.xml, css.txt, and js.txt, the TouchUI will not load anything. I added the css.txt file and all of a sudden, it worked.