Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Problem loading custom script with the clientlibs tag

Level 4

I am working on a project where they are heavily customizing standard pages. I have been able to add a button they asked for on a page but when I add the category for the script, the script is not being included on the page. The dumplibs.html tool shows the script with it's path and content fine. I can see it in the CRX tool but the script is not being included with the rendered page. I have the defined category name listed in the <clientlibs categories="....,my.category" />  but I don't see the script when the page is created.

Any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

I found it. Someone else had created the folder. They did not think they need the full list of files and the css.txt file was not created. I think this is stupid as hell but if  you don't have the .content.xml, css.txt, and js.txt, the TouchUI will not load anything. I added the css.txt file and all of a sudden, it worked.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Level 10

Is there a naming conflict - did you use this more than 1 time. That is the only time that I have seen a clientlib not load - when the same name was used more than once for a client lib. 

Correct answer by
Level 4

I found it. Someone else had created the folder. They did not think they need the full list of files and the css.txt file was not created. I think this is stupid as hell but if  you don't have the .content.xml, css.txt, and js.txt, the TouchUI will not load anything. I added the css.txt file and all of a sudden, it worked.