Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Pages become unresponsive

Level 4

Hi Friends,

I am using the iparsys component for configuring the header and footer component when I try to edit the component pages have become un responsive.

I tried accessing in all the browsers IE, chrome and firefox not even able to debug from any browsers.

Attached is the screen shot for reference.

Can someone who faced similar experience help me.

Regards

Pr@veen

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

I was able to resolve the issue.

Looks like a crazy issue I really do not know if someone has faced the same scenario.

In my project for configuring the header and footer components we were using parsys component later we decided to move from parsys to iparsys component we commented the code for parsys and then added iparsys component.

now I deleted the parsys entry in my jsp file and kept only iparsys then the issue got resolve.

Can some one explain why is this behavior?

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Level 10

Follow this document: 

https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/cq/5-6-1/howto/website.html

Also - how much RAM does your machine running AEM have - i am wondering if its a hardware issue. 

Level 4

Hi Smac,

I have 8gb ram.

let me try with the url u hve shared and get back to you.

Regards

Pr@veen

Level 9

Praveen,

Quickly, you should do two things:

• Check the browser console if there is any javascript error. Also check error.log.
  • Check the memory & CPU and find out which process consumes memory most. If it is java, restart AEM instance once.  

Level 4

Jitendra,

I am not able to see any error in the error log and in console.

Regards

Pr@veen

Level 9

You don't find any error or you are not able to see that?.

What about restarting instance, did you see memory usages in task manager?.

praveenk9004043 wrote...

Jitendra,

I am not able to see any error in the error log and in console.

Regards

Pr@veen

Level 10

Is this behavior is only when you try to configure header/footer (iParsys) component or any component ?

Level 4

I am facing this issue only in the header/footer component

Level 10

Then there would be some issue/error with those component. Are you seeing any error in browser ? Press F12 and see if you see any error when  you click on these components

Level 4

Try to open the page in design mode or append ?wcmmode=disabled at the end of the url, check if there is anything breaking in the iParsys component.

Correct answer by
Level 4

I was able to resolve the issue.

Looks like a crazy issue I really do not know if someone has faced the same scenario.

In my project for configuring the header and footer components we were using parsys component later we decided to move from parsys to iparsys component we commented the code for parsys and then added iparsys component.

now I deleted the parsys entry in my jsp file and kept only iparsys then the issue got resolve.

Can some one explain why is this behavior?