Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

org.joda.time,version=[1.6,2) and org.joda.time.format,version=[1.6,2) dependency cannot be resolved in AEM 6.4

Level 2

Hi,

As I am trying to migrate my backend code base from AEM 6.1 to AEM 6.4, I came across the following issue.The dependency for  org.joda.time,version=[1.6,2) and org.joda.time.format,version=[1.6,2) cannot be resolved.According to one of the helpx.adobe.com some of the methods for this dependency are depricated in 6.4. Can anyone suggestion the alternative for this dependency. I have added the below maven dependency in my project pom.xml:

<dependency>
<artifactId>joda-time</artifactId>
<version>2.9.1</version>
<groupId>joda-time</groupId>
<scope>provided</scope>
</dependency>

Please find the following observation:

First on addition of the following maven dependency in the pom.xml the dependency were resolved ,find the screen shot of the same:

<dependency>

<artifactId>joda-time</artifactId>

<version>2.9.1</version>

<groupId>joda-time</groupId>

<scope>provided</scope>

</dependency>

1839659_pastedImage_0.png

To resolve com.day.cq.commons,version = [5.7,6) dependency,I imported the com.day.cq.commons;version="6.0",* package in my bundle pom.xml only to observe that the  dependency for org.joda.time,version=[1.6,2)  and org.joda.time.format,version=[1.6,2)  were in unresolved state and com.day.cq.commons,version=6.0 in resolved state.Please find the below screen shot of the same.I am not able to get the cause of this and would like to know how is com.day.cq.commons related to org.joda.time.

1839660_pastedImage_2.png

Thanks and Regards,

4 Replies

Employee Advisor

Can you try to use the uber jar with deprecated API's ?

Level 2

Hi,

I have already added uber jar dependency in the pom.xml  file.Please find the below dependency which is added in the pom.xml file of the project:

<dependency>

<groupId>com.adobe.aem</groupId>

<artifactId>uber-jar</artifactId>

<version>6.4.0</version>

<classifier>apis</classifier>

<scope>provided</scope>

</dependency>

What does uber jar with deprecated API's means?

All the other bundles in the same instance are working properly with addition of above uber-jar dependency.

Level 3

Try using the dependency finder and see if you have these packages part of AEM.

Level 2

Hi Scott,

I checked the dependency finder,please find the below screen shots of the same:

In dependency finder as well as the bundle console shows the version of the package as 2.9.1 which I have already added as maven dependency in the project.

1840053_pastedImage_0.png

1840054_pastedImage_1.png