Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

org.apache.sling.servlets.get.impl.DefaultGetServlet No renderer for extension html, cannot render resource ResourceWrapper

Level 3

I am getting below error. Can anyone please help me to resolve the below issue .

Getting in both AEM 6.4 and 6.5

org.apache.sling.servlets.get.impl.DefaultGetServlet No renderer for extension html, cannot render resource ResourceWrapper

Following the below link to register a form details into AEM  jcr:content.

Adobe Experience Manager Help | Persisting Adobe Experience Manager 6.4 JCR data using a Custom Form...

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Check Sling GET servlet configurtaion at http://<host>:<port>/system/console/configMgr/org.apache.sling.servlets.get.DefaultGetServlet

Make sure that Enable JSON and Enable XML are selected

View solution in original post

12 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Check Sling GET servlet configurtaion at http://<host>:<port>/system/console/configMgr/org.apache.sling.servlets.get.DefaultGetServlet

Make sure that Enable JSON and Enable XML are selected

Level 3

Both JSON and XML are selected in /system/console/configMgr/org.apache.sling.servlets.get.DefaultGetServletAfter that also not working .Could u please suggest something what can be the other way to resolve the issue.

Level 1
Hi Raj, did you get resolution for this issue? I am facing the same issue.

Level 4

Hi, I am also facing the same issue can you please suggest if you find any solution. I see below error for many of the content pages.

GET /content/test/***********.html HTTP/1.1]org.apache.sling.servlets.get.impl.DefaultGetServlet No renderer for extension html, cannot render resource JcrNodeResource, type=nt:unstructured, superType=null, path=/content/******/jcr:content/root/responsivegrid/section_copy_1985223043

Level 4

Hi @mahdern11613285 

I have made the list of paths and using below groovy script we have removed all those nodes. After this change I don't see any issue.

import javax.jcr.Node
import javax.jcr.Session

// Array of node paths to delete
def pathsToDelete = ["/content/**************/product_listing_copy"
]

// Get the current session
def session = resourceResolver.adaptTo(Session)

// Loop through the paths and delete the nodes
pathsToDelete.each { path ->
Node node = session.getNode(path)
def property= node.get('sling:resourceType')
if(!property){
node.remove()
}

}

// Save the changes to the session
session.save()

Level 2

Hi Raj,

I am also facing the same issue in our application and did you got the solution for this issue ?
 org.apache.sling.servlets.get.impl.DefaultGetServlet No renderer for extension html, cannot render resource JcrNodeResource, superType=null,

Version: AEM 6.4.2

Employee Advisor

Can you please be more specific, what you did exactly when this log message shows up?

(Best guess: your node in the /content tree does not have a resourceType property. Or the resourceType does not exist.)

Jörg

Level 3

Hi Jorg,

Thanks!! for looking the issue .

I have followed the below link to get some employee information and saving these details to /content /employees node .

Adobe Experience Manager Help | Persisting Adobe Experience Manager 6.4 JCR data using a Custom Form...

After submitting the form the node  is getting created but the properties are not getting added to the node .

Please suggest something  to resolve the issue .

ERROR

Level 2

I was seeing a similar issue. The Groovy Console stopped working and gave me the following error.

GET /apps/groovyconsole.html HTTP/1.1] org.apache.sling.servlets.get.impl.DefaultGetServlet
No renderer for extension html

Restarting AEM resolved the issue. But the Console started behaving erratically (script edit window not loading) after I visited the /apps/archetype13/config node in CRXDE. I noticed that even though I didn't make any changes to this node in CRXDE, after I load /apps/archetype13/config/org.apache.sling.commons.log.LogManager.factory.config-archetype13.config (by double-clicking on it) when I try to navigate away from CRXDE I get the question "Leave site? (Changes you made may not be saved.)". Even though I made no changes. After this the erratic behavior starts. 

As someone stated above, it's as if the resourceType resolution is failing and the request is reaching DefaultGetServlet. But not sure why that is happening. 

UPDATE:

My issue seems to have resolved itself after building with Oracle JDK 8 and running AEM with Oracle JDK 11. Previously I was building and running with OpenJDK because I couldn't find a way to install Oracle JDKs via Homebrew. So I gave in and used the Oracle installers. (Note: I use bash profile aliases to switch between Java versions. And somehow running AEM on Oracle JDK 8 causes issues, so I'm using Oracle JDK 11.)

UPDATE2:

If you see this issue immediately after installing the archetype project, most likely it's because the archetype has a dependency on core components but the dependency is not specified in the pom. Once you install the core components package, your issue should be resolved.

Level 1

I had the same issue and I applied all of those option which described here. 

The most working solution is restart your AEM instances. It would restart all the services back and would work. It worked for me. 

Cheers.

Level 1

Hello Friend 

I had the same issue as some of you facing above 

GET /content/po/master_website/en_GB/mycruise/favourites.html HTTP/1.1] org.apache.sling.servlets.get.impl.DefaultGetServlet No renderer for extension html, cannot render resource JcrNodeResource, type=po/postbooking/components/page/favouritesPage, superType=null, path=/content/po/master_website/en_GB/mycruise/favourites/jcr:content

and in my case the root cause of this issue was my template of the page was broken because on page rendering component I had a component with wrong path. 
so I would suggest better to check the resourceType scripts starting from page --> template --> page rendering component --> lastly components