Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

mongodb org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.document.Document.config proper syntax on AEM 6.5

Level 3

Hello,

we have issues with aem not recognising db name and url from config file on aem 6.5

I saw in this url

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-64/deploying/introduction/aem-with-mongod...

this syntax

mongodburi=mongodb://aem:aempassword@mongodbserver1.customer.com:27000,mongodbserver2.customer.com:27000
#Name of MongoDB database to use
db=aem
#Store binaries in custom BlobStore e.g. FileDataStore
customBlobStore=true

while this

is suggesting this syntax with mongouri (instead of mongodburi ) boolean type and quotes:

#Mongo server details
mongouri="mongodb://localhost:27017"

#Name of Mongo database to use
db="aem-author"

#Store binaries in custom BlobStore
customBlobStore=B"false"

which is the right one on the latest AEM 6.5 ?
any idea why the config file might not be applied?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

First, Make sure you are using .config and not .cfg for configuration files, and the syntax was also changed from :

# org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.document.DocumentNodeStoreService.cfg

#MongoDB server details
mongodburi=mongodb://aem:aempassword@mongodbserver1.customer.com:27000],mongodbserver2.customer.com:27000#Name of MongoDB database to use
db=aem
customBlobStore=true
cache=2048
blobCacheSize=1024

To

#org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.document.DocumentNodeStoreService.config

#Mongo server details mongouri="mongodb://aem:aempassword@mongodbserver1.customer.com:27000],mongodbserver2.customer.com:27000" #Name of Mongo database to use 
db="aem"  
customBlobStore=B"true"
cache=I"2048" 
blobCacheSize=I"1024"

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

First, Make sure you are using .config and not .cfg for configuration files, and the syntax was also changed from :

# org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.document.DocumentNodeStoreService.cfg

#MongoDB server details
mongodburi=mongodb://aem:aempassword@mongodbserver1.customer.com:27000],mongodbserver2.customer.com:27000#Name of MongoDB database to use
db=aem
customBlobStore=true
cache=2048
blobCacheSize=1024

To

#org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.document.DocumentNodeStoreService.config

#Mongo server details mongouri="mongodb://aem:aempassword@mongodbserver1.customer.com:27000],mongodbserver2.customer.com:27000" #Name of Mongo database to use 
db="aem"  
customBlobStore=B"true"
cache=I"2048" 
blobCacheSize=I"1024"

Level 3

Thanks !
do you have a mongouri sample with repilicaset and authentication with authSource?

Employee Advisor

You can check [1] for more details on the connection string options

[1] https://docs.mongodb.com/manual/reference/connection-string/

Level 3

Hi ,

my experience is that with a connection string containg replicaset like mongodb://mongouser:password@mongoserver1:27000/DBNAME?replicaSet=replicaset&authSource=source
the config file org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.document.DocumentNodeStoreService.config   is ignored  if it contains that mongouri.

If we specify the uri in  -Doak.mongo.uri   in  CQ_JVM_OPTS in startup script it is correctly applied and even parameters in  config file like db name or customBlobStore are correcty applied.
Is it possibile that some kind of parsing of uri  in config file  fails in case of replicaset and prevents using it?