I deaktivate the folder on author instance:

I have three events on publisher

• delete Page 1
  • delete Page 2
  • delete Folder

I delete the folder on author instance:

I have one event on publisher

• delete Folder

My question: How can I get the three events on publisher when deleting a folder because I need them to update our external search index.

My idea: change the delete on author to deaktivate and delete but I do not know how.

I allready tried: To intercept the delete event on publisher does not help because the folder and the Pages are allready deleted so I could not get information about the Pages that was under the folder. I found no way to start befor the deletion starts on publisher.

I hope someone can help me!

Thank you,

Anja

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

6 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @anjabed 
You can hide the OOTB 'delete' button using ACL and create a workflow to delete folder/page. Use workflow to deactivate/delete and have a process step in between to capture all the payloads including children.

Arun Patidar

Level 2

The author must be able to delete a folder so deactivating the "delete" button will not help.
The workflows I found and tried to change them but they are not used when using the delete Button. Can I "hang" the workflow behind the delete button? When this is possible how can we do this?

Community Advisor

Hi @anjabed 
Could you please explain which folder? you meant in DAM?

I think it is possible to create workflows with folder as well

arunpatidar_0-1724321124474.png

Arun Patidar

Level 2

Normal pages under /content/.

I just found the delete.js which starts the deletion when clicking the button. Perhaps I can change it like the unpublish.js or add the unpublish before starting delete.js.

Community Advisor

Hi @anjabed ,

You can try using query builder to run a query which will find all the deactivated & deleted pages.
All these pages will reside under var folder.
The query will look something like below:

map.put("group.type", "cq:AuditEvent");
            map.put("group.path", "/var/audit/com.day.cq.replication" + <variable-page-path>);
            map.put("group.property", "cq:type");
            map.put("group.property.1_value", "Deactivate");
            map.put("group.property.2_value", "Delete");

-Tarun

Level 2

Sorry, this does not help because the information is just on author. I would need it on publisher. An deleting the folder just add one note with delete for the folder and not delete notes for the pages under the folder. I just checked it.