Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Maven clean install unauthorized error

Level 2

When running the maven clean install command:

mvn clean install -PautoInstallPackage -Daem.host=remoteserver -Daem.port=4502 -Dsling.user=admin -Dsling.password=<password>

I am getting:

[DEBUG] Authorization required

[DEBUG] Supported authentication schemes in the order of preference: [ntlm, digest, basic]

[DEBUG] Challenge for ntlm authentication scheme not available

[DEBUG] Challenge for digest authentication scheme not available

[INFO] basic authentication scheme selected

[DEBUG] Using authentication scheme: basic

[DEBUG] Authorization challenge processed

[DEBUG] Authentication scope: BASIC 'Sling (Development)'@remoteserver:4502

[DEBUG] Credentials required

[DEBUG] Credentials provider not available

[INFO] Failure authenticating with BASIC 'Sling (Development)'@remoteserver:4502

[ERROR] Request to http://remoteserver:4502/crx/packmgr/service.jsp failed, response=Unauthorized

[DEBUG] Should close connection in response to directive: close

[DEBUG] Releasing connection back to connection manager.

Surprisingly the curl call to the same server, with exact same credentials is successful:

curl -u admin:<password> http://remoteserver:4502/crx/packmgr/service.jsp?cmd=ls

I tried to find the logs in error.log, access.log, and request.log for either calls, but AEM does not seem to be keeping the logs for call to /crx/packmgr/service.jsp

Is there anyway, I can setup the AEM to log the calls to /crx/packmgr/service.jsp?

Thanks you very much for looking at my question. Would greatly appreciate a suggestion.

8 Replies

Level 10

WHen you run this command from the same machine - does it work?

mvn -PautoInstallPackage install

Level 10

can you share properties defined in pom.xml for host/credentials

I mean you can surely hide host name and password but I wanted to look at the property names

Employee

Hi,

Please verify following properties are defined in your POM file:

aem.host

aem.port

sling.user

sling.password

Also check targetURL is properly defined under content-package-maven-plugin in autoInstallPackage profile

Level 2

Scott- the mvn -PautoInstallPackage install completes with success

<properties> <aem.host>localhost</aem.host> <aem.port>4502</aem.port> <aem.publish.host>localhost</aem.publish.host> <aem.publish.port>4503</aem.publish.port> <sling.user>admin</sling.user> <sling.password>admin</sling.password> <vault.user>admin</vault.user> <vault.password>admin</vault.password> </properties>

Level 2

Scott-

Locally, it works perfectly well. No errors when executing:

mvn -PautoInstallPackage install

It even works well on the AEM instance that is on another VM on local network

Level 2

Abhishek- The pom.xml properties are default properties as created by the maven archetype 10. Kindly seem my other post

Level 2

Praveen- It is default pom.xml with default host, port, user, and password. However, since I am using

mvn clean install -PautoInstallPackage -Daem.host=remoteserver -Daem.port=4502 -Dsling.user=admin -Dsling.password=<password>

the default credentials would be overridden.

Employee

Have you checked this thread - Request to http://localhost:4502/crx/packmgr/service.jsp failed, response=Unauthorized

Not sure if your pom file are customized after Archetype generation.