Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

List out all the revision which are available in tar file

Level 4

Hi,

I was guided to do the following as a part of some activity in support portal.

"1. List out all the revision which are available in tar file. "

I am assuming it implies to do so by untaring all the tar file. Is this assumption correct?

Since I have a huge number of tar file, it would be very time intensive. Is there a programmatic way to do this?

Regards,

Anil

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Check the oak run version you are using. The check mode was introduced in later versions of oak run tool.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Administrator

I would request you to counter ask the support team:  how to do it?

I am not not sure, what exactly they have asked, but if you know the manual way, then i can help you to automate it.

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Level 4

I got a reply to use the "check" mode of oak run but that throws below error:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No enum constant org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.run.Main.Mode.CHECK

at java.lang.Enum.valueOf(Enum.java:236)

at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.run.Main$Mode.valueOf(Main.java:1000)

at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.run.Main.main(Main.java:128)

Employee Advisor

If the AEM supports advises you to perform some actions, and these actions do fail for an unknown reason, please ask the AEM support. This forums lacks all the context around it.

kind regards;
Jörg

Level 4

Jörg Hoh wrote...

If the AEM supports advises you to perform some actions, and these actions do fail for an unknown reason, please ask the AEM support. This forums lacks all the context around it.

kind regards;
Jörg

Thanks Jorg,

I have and am waiting a response. I was just checking if the community has some quick advice on this.

Regards,

Anil

Employee

Hi Anil,

What did aem support recommend you. Normally a data tar file would contain segments and the revision entries would be journal.log file. What exactly were you trying to achieve

and what did support recommend you. Is there a daycare ticket you are following up with AEM support?

Correct answer by
Level 2

Check the oak run version you are using. The check mode was introduced in later versions of oak run tool.