Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Layout mode unavailable

Level 2

I have used a sample archetype to create pages in AEM 6.4. However, I am not able to use the layout feature as it is not appearing in dropdown. What could be its reason ? I have tried looking for it on the web only to fail. Please Help !

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Actually to enable layout mode, your template is not setup properly for your custom template or you can directly add cq:resposive node in site root.

Screenshot 2018-12-15 at 7.02.35 PM.png

Configuring Layout Container and Layout Mode

Arun Patidar

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

Could you please let us which command you have used to create project. I would suggest you to take reference from wretail site, you need to configure if your project doesn't contain same.

Trying out Responsive Layout in We.Retail

Arun Patidar

Level 2

This is the command that I have used for making my project.

mvn org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin:2.4:generate -DarchetypeGroupId=com.adobe.granite.archetypes -DarchetypeArtifactId=aem-project-archetype -DarchetypeVersion=13 -DarchetypeCatalog=https://repo.adobe.com/nexus/content/groups/public/

Level 2

Yeah, problem is layout is not appearing in the dropdown as marked in your reply. For we-retail I am getting it but not for my project. Is it the problem with the archetype command that i have used:

mvn org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin:2.4:generate -DarchetypeGroupId=com.adobe.granite.archetypes -DarchetypeArtifactId=aem-project-archetype -DarchetypeVersion=13 -DarchetypeCatalog=https://repo.adobe.com/nexus/content/groups/public/

Community Advisor

Can you check the page that you have created using templates which were created using command.

One more question are you creating your own templates?

Arun Patidar

Level 2

Yeah, sure. Initially there were two templates in the template folder. I deleted both of them and created one custom template. Is this the reason why layout mode is not showing up ?

Community Advisor

Hi Rishab

There could be a chance that the template was not created properly. Could you please recheck ? Also are you using static template or editable template ? Can you give a screen shot of the options you are getting ?

Thanks

Veena

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Actually to enable layout mode, your template is not setup properly for your custom template or you can directly add cq:resposive node in site root.

Screenshot 2018-12-15 at 7.02.35 PM.png

Configuring Layout Container and Layout Mode

Arun Patidar

Level 10

If you deleted the default templates that was built by a Maven Arch - that would explain it.