Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Inherting properties from parent page

Level 4

Hi,

I have created a live copy from Geometrixx site. I have pointed cq:template and sling:resourceType of parent page to my custom template and page component. I have created a new child page, when I checked the page properties of child page I don't see inheritance on my child page.

-Sample/

-en/

-childpage/

Could you please let me what am I missing here to get the "en" page properties on my childpage.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

I am able to see the lock symbol on child page properties after adding the mixin "cq:LiveRelationship" and able to fetch my root page properties

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Employee

Normally via ${inheritedPageProperties.yourProp} the properties can be retrieved.

Level 3

and you can do

com.day.cq.commons.inherit.InheritanceValueMap _pageProperties = (com.day.cq.commons.inherit.InheritanceValueMap) pageContext.getAttribute("pageProperties");

Level 4

Hi,

I don't want the code to fetch inherited page properties. I am just checking why the lock symbol on my child page properties is not displaying.

In short, I want to see all the properties of my parent page properties on my child page properties (with lock symbol).

Correct answer by
Level 4

I am able to see the lock symbol on child page properties after adding the mixin "cq:LiveRelationship" and able to fetch my root page properties

Level 3
Can you pls tell me, where did you add this mixin?

Level 1

I have created a live copy from Website. I have pointed cq:template and sling:resourceType of parent page to my custom template and page component. I have created a new child page, when I checked the page properties of child page I don't see inheritance on my child page.

-Sample/

-in/

-productpage/

Could you please let me what am I missing here to get the "en" page properties on my productpage.