Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Image rollout ordering issue

Level 4

Hello,

Perhaps someone can provide some leads to this issue. We have some images on a page (en_us) which were rollout to other locale pages (eg es_es).
Now when we change the order of the images on the en_us page like image #2 is on the first position and image #1 is on the second position and when we do the custom responsive image rollout (not the standard rollout), the order of the images do not change in the locale pages (es_es).

I see that when the OOTB when the doExecute method is being called, the source and destination paths are almost the same except the locale

eg  - source - /content/abc/cde/en_us/aa/bb/cc/jcr:content/carousel/1_1234.html and /content/abc/cde/es_es/aa/bb/cc/jcr:content/carousel/1_1234.html

I am adding some code snippet.

public final class ResponsiveImageActionFactory

extends BaseActionFactory<ResponsiveImageActionFactory.ResponsiveImageAction>.....

public final class ResponsiveImageAction extends BaseAction {

@Override
protected void doExecute(final Resource source, final Resource target,

final LiveRelationship liveRelationship, final boolean b)

throws RepositoryException, WCMException {

updateImage(source, target);

private void updateImage(final Resource source, final Resource target)

throws RepositoryException, WCMException {

for (Resource s : source.getChildren()) {

final String sourceFileReference = s.getValueMap().get("fileReference", String.class);

final Resource t = target.getChild(s.getName());

if (t != null) {

final String targetFileReference = t.getValueMap().get("fileReference", String.class);

if (targetFileReference != sourceFileReference) {

final Node targetNode = t.adaptTo(Node.class);

final String userId = target.getResourceResolver().adaptTo(Session.class).getUserID();

targetNode.setProperty("fileReference", sourceFileReference);

targetNode.setProperty(MODIFIED_BY, userId);

}

The above logic will not enter inside of the if condition - if (targetFileReference != sourceFileReference) because both source and destination file references are the same. I tried couple of things like remove the image at the destination and then copy it from the source, but as these images get saved in JCR, I am not able to preserve the same order as the source (en_us). We dont have any image numbers in the component which I could use in my logic to place the images under locale pages and not looking for a change in the component as we have so quite a few components for the similar behavior and all of those will need to be updated.

Is there a way to support the image rollout and keep the updated image orders at the locale pages? Please provide your input or suggestions.

Screen Shot 2019-05-30 at 10.58.33 PM.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

phew:).

I checked the default standard rollout to see how it was re-arranging the items. I copied the orderChildren from default (/etc/msm/rolloutconfigs/default/jcr:content/orderChildren) to my responsive image rollout (/etc/msm/rolloutconfigs/responsiveimagerollout/jcr:content/orderChildren) and it has fixed the issue .

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 4

phew:).

I checked the default standard rollout to see how it was re-arranging the items. I copied the orderChildren from default (/etc/msm/rolloutconfigs/default/jcr:content/orderChildren) to my responsive image rollout (/etc/msm/rolloutconfigs/responsiveimagerollout/jcr:content/orderChildren) and it has fixed the issue .