Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

I am trying to execute this snippet by using conditional operator but fails- sightly

Level 2

I am trying to execute the following code snippet by using the conditional operator in sightly/htl:

<a href="${author ? footer.root.path @ extension = 'html' : footer.root.path}"
                                class="-oneX-link--block text-gray-100">${footer.root.title}</a>

but it is failing with the following error:

org.apache.sling.api.scripting.ScriptEvaluationException: ${author ? footer.root.path @ extension = 'html' : footer.root.path}: mismatched input '@' expecting {'.', 'in', '&&', '||', '[', ':'} in /apps/StateFarmAEM/components/product-footer-nav/product-footer-nav.html at line number 10 at column number 104

How to correct this expression

Please help

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@arjunsudhas1995 

As evident in the error description, Expression option(@) is not allowed within Ternary operator expression (instead as a whole upon conditional evaluation)

Example : Below is allowed in which case, extension is applied to both the scenarios. (will result in abc.html or xyz.html)

${request.parameterMap.firstName ? 'abc' : 'xyz' @ extension='html'}

For your use case, I would suggest to move the conditional logic to Sling Model and just use the footer.root.path 

(Given that need for condition is itself whether or not to apply extension based on condition)

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @arjunsudhas1995 ,

Since ternary operator expects any of these symbols 

{'.', 'in', '&&', '||', '[', ':'}

Try using the extension option in else part.

<a href="${!author ? footer.root.path : footer.root.path @ extension = 'html'}"
                                class="-oneX-link--block text-gray-100">${footer.root.title}</a>

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@arjunsudhas1995 

As evident in the error description, Expression option(@) is not allowed within Ternary operator expression (instead as a whole upon conditional evaluation)

Example : Below is allowed in which case, extension is applied to both the scenarios. (will result in abc.html or xyz.html)

${request.parameterMap.firstName ? 'abc' : 'xyz' @ extension='html'}

For your use case, I would suggest to move the conditional logic to Sling Model and just use the footer.root.path 

(Given that need for condition is itself whether or not to apply extension based on condition)

according to my usecase I only want extension to be applied when condition is true