Expand my Community achievements bar.

How to update the status of the Workflow when the WF failed instead of the Running

Community Advisor

Hi Team,

Right now with the process step even after the WF failed the wf instance is not moving to the failure queue as per Adobe.

How can we update the status of the WF , is there any guidance that helps a lot.

Thanks

3 Replies

Employee Advisor

Can you provide more details about the use case? As far as i know failed workflow should be listed under the failures tab.

For workflow completion, check the second last step for the "DAM Update Asset" workflow model.

Community Advisor

Hi Jaideep,

Right now AEM is showing the failure WF also showing the Running queue and as well failure queue with "RUNNUNG" as status.

We would like to update the status whenever WF failed for any reason.

Thanks

Employee

How did you conclude, that workflow is in failure state?  Did you review a workflow execution history, step-by-step and you could point an error? For a not a transient workflow, the status is a value of "status" property in workflow instance node, example:

/var/workflow/instances/server0/2019-05-19_2/myworkflow@status.

If you are certain that it's failed workflow, you can set the status via CRXDe. In a case AEM still marks a failed workflow as running, I suggest opening a Daycare case