Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

How to handle error handler for 404 page of acs commons 4.2 version its working in author not in publish and DNS aswell????

Level 3

I was trying to implement error handler of acs commons 4.2 version in my project its working fine in author but not in publish also in dns can you help me why this functionality not working in publish 

( Specified the path of error page in project parent page jcr:content )

Captddsfsfsure.PNGCaptursdsfse.PNG

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Please check below points to resolve the issue:

1. Check if the issue is from publish server or dispatcher. If issue is from dispatcher then ensure that you have done required AEM dispatcher configuration

In dispatcher_vhost.conf file, set DispatcherPassError to ‘0’. This allows erring requests to be sent back to AEM.

screenshot (15).png

2. Which AEM version you are using because on AEM 6.2 or above, this service uses a Service User for repository access. This user is configured with the expected permissions required, but additional permissions may be required if your repository design deviates from the expected structure. So please check if this user have proper permission on publish instance as well.

User name: acs-commons-error-page-handler-service

ACLs:

• jcr:read on /content

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 2

Please check below points to resolve the issue:

1. Check if the issue is from publish server or dispatcher. If issue is from dispatcher then ensure that you have done required AEM dispatcher configuration

In dispatcher_vhost.conf file, set DispatcherPassError to ‘0’. This allows erring requests to be sent back to AEM.

screenshot (15).png

2. Which AEM version you are using because on AEM 6.2 or above, this service uses a Service User for repository access. This user is configured with the expected permissions required, but additional permissions may be required if your repository design deviates from the expected structure. So please check if this user have proper permission on publish instance as well.

User name: acs-commons-error-page-handler-service

ACLs:

• jcr:read on /content

Level 3
Hi ektaa, thanks for your reply the problem is on publisher server the node is not handling the error page handler , User name: acs-commons-error-page-handler-service having /content and /libs permission also to read ,i need dynamically 404 page implementation like if /content/we-retail/fsdff.html error handler should wakeup over here.

Level 3

Hi @ektaa69139387 , thanks for sharing this is in classic version any touch acs commons 4.2 version we have please share to me

Level 2

Hi Keshav,

In touch every configuration is same as provided in the document, you just need to change the below cofig to touch.

screenshot (16).png

Simply add this instead of above in the page properties of your base page dialog.

<errorhandler
jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured"
sling:resourceType="granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/form/pathfield"
fieldDescription="Error pages for this content tree"
fieldLabel="Error Pages"
name="./errorPages"
rootPath="/content/<project root node>"/>