SOLVED

how to call meta description and meta title from template in slightly

Level 1

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi,

<meta name="title" content="${currentPage.properties['jcr:title']}">

<meta name="description" content="${currentPage.properties['jcr:description']}">

KajalInamdarEy_0-1676547282428.png

KajalInamdarEy_1-1676547413982.png

as my page doesnt have any description its coming with no value, however for meta tag for title is getting rendered same as title of my page.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Not sure what you are actually looking for. Please describe more about your issue and where you want to place it.

Generally, for page title and description,

<sly data-sly-use.page="com.adobe.cq.wcm.core.components.models.Page"/>
<div>Page Title: ${page.title}</div>
<div>Page Description: ${page.description}</div>

If you want to use in component

<div>Title: ${currentPage.title}</div>
<div>Description: ${currentPage.description}</div>

Community Advisor

@Lokeshmullaguri 

In Slightly, you can use the data-sly-attribute block to include dynamic values for HTML attributes, including the title and description meta tags. Here's an example of how to include the title and description meta tags in your template:

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">
<head>
<meta charset="UTF-8">
<title data-sly-attribute="title" content="${properties.metaTitle @ context='html'}">${properties.jcr:title @ context='html'}</title>
<meta name="description" data-sly-attribute="description" content="${properties.metaDescription @ context='html'}"/>
</head>
<body>
<h1>${properties.jcr:title}</h1>
<p>${properties.text}</p>
</body>
</html>

In this example, the title tag includes the dynamic title attribute using the data-sly-attribute block. The content attribute is set to the value of the metaTitle property, using the @context='html' attribute to sanitize the value. If the metaTitle property is not set, the value of the jcr:title property is used instead.

Similarly, the description meta tag includes the dynamic description attribute, with the content attribute set to the value of the metaDescription property.

Community Advisor

Hello @Lokeshmullaguri 

<meta name="title" content="${properties.metaTitle @content='html'}"  >
<meta name="description" content="${properties.metaDescription @content='html'}"  >

Please note, on your template you have 2 fields by the name "metaTitle" and "metaDescription" for the above code to work.

regards,

Preetpal

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi,

<meta name="title" content="${currentPage.properties['jcr:title']}">

<meta name="description" content="${currentPage.properties['jcr:description']}">

KajalInamdarEy_0-1676547282428.png

KajalInamdarEy_1-1676547413982.png

as my page doesnt have any description its coming with no value, however for meta tag for title is getting rendered same as title of my page.

Thanks!