Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

How to add/update properties in an existing node?

Level 2

I have some nodes under /etc on my repository which I'd like to insert or change the values of some properties in it. But I neither want to affect nor know the value of other properties in the very same node.

What  is the best way to do this task?

I was able to create a new sub-node by uploading a package and installing it using the Package Manager, but is not quite what I need.

Can anyone shed some light?

Thank you very much.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Here is sample one

Node n = session.getNode("/content/project/home"); n.setProperty("Name","AEM"); Node n = session.getNode("/content/project/home"); String s = n.getProperty("Name").getString();

For adding you can directly call setProperty method, if that property exist it will be updated else a new one will be added.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 10

To change the properties of a JCR node, use the JCR API. You can write app logic to modify existing node's props. 

Correct answer by
Level 10

Here is sample one

Node n = session.getNode("/content/project/home"); n.setProperty("Name","AEM"); Node n = session.getNode("/content/project/home"); String s = n.getProperty("Name").getString();

For adding you can directly call setProperty method, if that property exist it will be updated else a new one will be added.