Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to add/update properties in an existing node?

Level 2

I have some nodes under /etc on my repository which I'd like to insert or change the values of some properties in it. But I neither want to affect nor know the value of other properties in the very same node.

What  is the best way to do this task?

I was able to create a new sub-node by uploading a package and installing it using the Package Manager, but is not quite what I need.

Can anyone shed some light?

Thank you very much.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Here is sample one

Node n = session.getNode("/content/project/home"); n.setProperty("Name","AEM"); Node n = session.getNode("/content/project/home"); String s = n.getProperty("Name").getString();

For adding you can directly call setProperty method, if that property exist it will be updated else a new one will be added.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 10

To change the properties of a JCR node, use the JCR API. You can write app logic to modify existing node's props. 

Correct answer by
Level 10

Here is sample one

Node n = session.getNode("/content/project/home"); n.setProperty("Name","AEM"); Node n = session.getNode("/content/project/home"); String s = n.getProperty("Name").getString();

For adding you can directly call setProperty method, if that property exist it will be updated else a new one will be added.