Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

Automatic version creation of Videos in AEM DAM

Level 1

When I edit the metadata of an image and save it, we get a new version created automatically. But for the same action done for videos, we do not get the versions automatically. Can you please help me with the solution. I have installed FFMPEG and that is helping me in getting the renditions. I am using AEM 6.0

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

Can you validate, if the asset update workflow is triggered for videos as well and if this workflow is creating a version for it? If not, you can create your own workflow launcher, which is triggered on changes of video metadata. This launcher starts a workflow, which creates a version of the changed asset/video.

kind regards,
Jörg

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 10

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to Adobe Community.

You can create a version of the asset by going to the the location of the asset, clicking on Timeline and then under Actions clicking Save as Version.

To know more please see the below doc:

https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-0/author/assets/managing-assets-touch-ui.html#Creating a Version

Hope this is what you were looking for.

Thanks!

Level 1

Thanks for the reply. But my question is how do we trigger automatic creation of versions of video Assets in AEM. If we edit the metadata of an image asset and save it, a version of the previous image is automatically created. This does not happen for videos.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

Can you validate, if the asset update workflow is triggered for videos as well and if this workflow is creating a version for it? If not, you can create your own workflow launcher, which is triggered on changes of video metadata. This launcher starts a workflow, which creates a version of the changed asset/video.

kind regards,
Jörg