Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Different date-time on author and publish due to server timezone difference

Level 2

Hi,

I have my Author and Publish app servers in different locations and due to this i am having issues when i try fetching time from a date property.

node = hit.getNode(); String dateField = node.getProperty("start").getValue().getString(); out.println(dateField); //2015-04-20T07:15:00.000-05:00 Property startProp = node.getProperty("start"); Calendar startCal = startProp.getDate(); String formattedDate = new SimpleDateFormat("yyyy-MM-dd hh:mm aa").format(startCal.getTime()); out.println("Output= " + formattedDate); Publish: Output= 2015-04-20 12:15 PM Author:  Output= 2015-04-20 07:15 AM
1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

Store these dates in GMT and convert back to respective locale datetime from GMT

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi,

what do you expect? SimpleDateFormat always uses the timezone inherited from the system, unless specified otherwise. You can set set the timezone explicitly by calling the setTimezone() method on a SimpleDateFormat object. As far as I can see, this is not an AEM specific problem.

kind regards,
Jörg

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

Store these dates in GMT and convert back to respective locale datetime from GMT