Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

How to add custom item in siteadmin/welcome

Level 6

I want to add a custom item as described in the attached screenshot. 

I looked into /libs/cq/core/components/welcome/welcome.jsp but could not understand where I need to add. I Appreciate your help.

Thank you! 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi Sam. This menu is populated from the same source as the actions on the left part of the /welcome screen.

CQ searches for all nodes with cq:Console mixin types to build this list. Execute the following query "select * from cq:Console" to see the existing list.

Your can add the cq:Console mixin to your widget or Resource to have it in the list, define vanity path, an icon..

Hope this helps.

Geoffroy

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi Sam. This menu is populated from the same source as the actions on the left part of the /welcome screen.

CQ searches for all nodes with cq:Console mixin types to build this list. Execute the following query "select * from cq:Console" to see the existing list.

Your can add the cq:Console mixin to your widget or Resource to have it in the list, define vanity path, an icon..

Hope this helps.

Geoffroy

Level 9

Please see http://dev.day.com/docs/en/cq/current/deploying/configuring-the-welcome-console.html link for more details.I have tried adding custom app but not able to display the custom image to my app.

Thanks,

Kishore.

Level 6

Geoffroy Schneck wrote...

Hope this helps.

Geoffroy

Thanks Geoffory for your help!

I was able to add custom item under /apps/wcm/core/content but I couldn't add icon for item. I tried to add the value of the property called "iconClass" as "customitem" and uploaded one image named customicon.ico under /apps/wcm/core/content just same as other items. But I could not see the custom icon. Could you please let me know what needs to be done? 

Thanks again!

Could you please let me know how can I add custom i