Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

How to add custom item in siteadmin/welcome

Level 6

I want to add a custom item as described in the attached screenshot. 

I looked into /libs/cq/core/components/welcome/welcome.jsp but could not understand where I need to add. I Appreciate your help.

Thank you! 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi Sam. This menu is populated from the same source as the actions on the left part of the /welcome screen.

CQ searches for all nodes with cq:Console mixin types to build this list. Execute the following query "select * from cq:Console" to see the existing list.

Your can add the cq:Console mixin to your widget or Resource to have it in the list, define vanity path, an icon..

Hope this helps.

Geoffroy

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi Sam. This menu is populated from the same source as the actions on the left part of the /welcome screen.

CQ searches for all nodes with cq:Console mixin types to build this list. Execute the following query "select * from cq:Console" to see the existing list.

Your can add the cq:Console mixin to your widget or Resource to have it in the list, define vanity path, an icon..

Hope this helps.

Geoffroy

Level 9

Please see http://dev.day.com/docs/en/cq/current/deploying/configuring-the-welcome-console.html link for more details.I have tried adding custom app but not able to display the custom image to my app.

Thanks,

Kishore.

Level 6

Geoffroy Schneck wrote...

Hope this helps.

Geoffroy

Thanks Geoffory for your help!

I was able to add custom item under /apps/wcm/core/content but I couldn't add icon for item. I tried to add the value of the property called "iconClass" as "customitem" and uploaded one image named customicon.ico under /apps/wcm/core/content just same as other items. But I could not see the custom icon. Could you please let me know what needs to be done? 

Thanks again!

Could you please let me know how can I add custom i