Expand my Community achievements bar.

Don’t miss the AEM Skill Exchange in SF on Nov 14—hear from industry leaders, learn best practices, and enhance your AEM strategy with practical tips.
SOLVED

granite cq-msm-lockable autocomplete

Level 2

<pagecategory
cq:showOnCreate="{Boolean}true"
granite:class="page-tagging-inheritance"
jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured"
fieldLabel="page.pagecategory.label"
fieldDescription="page.pagecategory.label.desc"
sling:resourceType="granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/form/autocomplete"
autocreateTag="{Boolean}false"
emptyText="page.tag.singleSelect.emptyText"
name="./pagetagging/pageCategory"
required="{Boolean}true"
mode="contains">
<granite:data
cq-msm-lockable="pagetagging/pagecategory"
pagecategory-field=""/>
<datasource
sling:resourceType="cio-sites/components/page/dialog-sections/pagetagging/items/column/items/pagecategory"/>
<values
sling:resourceType="granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/form/autocomplete/tags"/>
<options
sling:resourceType="granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/form/autocomplete/list"/>
</pagecategory>

gdguradio_0-1653640291347.pnggdguradio_1-1653640309411.png

I have the above field converted from tagfield into an autocomplete field . When I roll out page(using the tagfield resource type) the field is working as expected. When I change the resource type to auto complete and roll out page the field loses its value. When I tried to remove the property " cq-msm-lockable="pagetagging/pagecategory" " the field didnt lose its value but didnt get the disabled and the chain icon. 

My question is how can I use an autocomplete resourcetype together with the property " cq-msm-lockable="pagetagging/pagecategory" " and not lose the value of the field when I roll out the page

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Understood. I have tested granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/form/autocomplete with granite cq-msm-lockable on AEM6.5.9 and it's working.

DEBAL_DAS_0-1653723764466.pngDEBAL_DAS_1-1653723805525.png

DEBAL_DAS_2-1653723901570.png

At us-en level :

DEBAL_DAS_3-1653723970125.png

at ca-en level :

DEBAL_DAS_4-1653723996983.png

Please note that: /libs/granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/form/autocomplete is deprecated

https://developer.adobe.com/experience-manager/reference-materials/6-5/granite-ui/api/jcr_root/libs/...

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 2

Turns out that I made a typo error cq-msm-lockable="pagetagging/pagecategory" to cq-msm-lockable="pagetagging/pageCategory"

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Understood. I have tested granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/form/autocomplete with granite cq-msm-lockable on AEM6.5.9 and it's working.

DEBAL_DAS_0-1653723764466.pngDEBAL_DAS_1-1653723805525.png

DEBAL_DAS_2-1653723901570.png

At us-en level :

DEBAL_DAS_3-1653723970125.png

at ca-en level :

DEBAL_DAS_4-1653723996983.png

Please note that: /libs/granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/form/autocomplete is deprecated

https://developer.adobe.com/experience-manager/reference-materials/6-5/granite-ui/api/jcr_root/libs/...

Level 1

Could you please provide me the XML and the possible HTML or js or other files if there are involved on how to create the autocomplete, I am a very beginner in AEM and very confused about this field

Employee Advisor

<category
sling:resourceType="granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/form/autocomplete"
emptyText="Client library category"
fieldLabel="Category"
mode="contains"
multiple="{Boolean}false"
name="./clientlibsJsHead"
required="{Boolean}false">
<datasource
sling:resourceType="core/wcm/components/commons/datasources/clientlibrarycategories/v1"
type="js"/>
<options
sling:resourceType="granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/form/autocomplete/list"/>
<granite:data
cq-msm-lockable="clientlibsJsHead"/>
</category>