Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Getting language from other place rather than jcr:language page property

Level 1

We know that when the {'key' @ 'i18n'} is used, the engine looks for the message key in the i18n with the language defined in the jcr:language property in the page(or its parents). Is there a way, system-wise, to "override" the source of the language(or country), from the default location(jcr:language), to another property, without changing each and everyone of the @ i18n tags in the HTMLs?

Thank you!

4 Replies

Level 10

Checking with our internal team on this.

Level 10

Team Replied:

"They need to clarify if this is about UI translation (i18n, AEM dictionary), or content translation.

For content translation, AEM primarily looks for languages in the path, e.g. www.site.com/en/content, www.site.cm/fr/content, etc, assuming an ISO language code is used. The jcr:language property has so far not been used for URL resolution. Beginning AEM 6.4 AEM will use the property, as a secondary resource for language resolution, in case the path does not contain an ISO language code. This will allow customers assigning arbitrary names to language copy roots, rather than ISO language codes.

"

Level 1

This is about content translation, for our multilingual page components. Thanks for the reply, will look into the documentation. Forgot to mention that we use AEM 6.2