Expand my Community achievements bar.

Facing a issue while synchronizing content for editable templates

Level 1

I am using AEM 6.5.

Steps to reproduce

1. Add a new component on page
  2. open page properties 
  3. Cancel inheritance of any of the properties
  4. undo cancel inheritance, select the checkbox "Syncronize after reverting inheritance"
  5. The newly added component is not available on the page and now page has only the template structure present in catalog

This is not reproducible in we-retail website, can anyone help to identify if anything missed

7 Replies

Adobe Champion

is the content also missing from the repo structure if you look at the page in crx/de?

are you running the latest service pack, and does the same happen with 6.5.0 with no SPs installed?

Level 1

@martin_ecx_io 

Yes, it is missing from rep structure in crx/de as well,

I am working on latest service pack, it is not happening for we-retail with latest SP but happening for custom implementation

Adobe Champion

Are you able to compare the properties you see on your page and a we.retail page after creation based on the editable template?  wondering if you template is adding some properties which are causing the inheritance to to work differently.

Level 1

@martin_ecx_io 

Yes i compared it with We retail, only 1 jcr:mixin type is extra, even if i remove that it does not work

On pages i see synchronization symbol on all the parsys, where as in we-retail symbol is missing

Any idea on how that is getting added to layout containers?

Community Advisor

Hi @vaibhavjain2565 ,

Please check if you have cq:LiveSyncConfig node present under the live copy in which you are trying to make the changes. 

Also, If the node is present there, check for the following properties

• cq:master : should be pointing to the parent page/blueprint
  • cq:deep : true
  • cq:rolloutConfigs : should be present and non-empty (optional)

If all of these things are present, then try to create a new live copy from the master page and check if you get the same issue with it. If not, issue lies within the blueprint config/rollout config.

Level 1

Hi @Anmol_Bhardwaj @martin_ecx_io 
Thanks for reply, ill try and get back
One more Question, Mixin types like cq:LiveSyncCancelled, When i add these on my catalog and do a catalog Rollout, Mixin type is not getting reflected on a existing page whereas it is getting reflected on a new page created with catalog Rollout.
Is this expected or this itself is a issue?

Community Advisor

This is not expected. This issue looks related to the sync issue.