Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

Facebook integration with AEM app - javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: KeyUsage does not allow key encipherment

Level 2

Hi Folks,

Thanks in anticipation.

I am trying to establish a SSL connection (https://graph.facebook.com) from AEM JVM (jdk1.7) but it throws an following exception.

Caused by: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: KeyUsage does not allow key encipherment
    at sun.security.ssl.Alerts.getSSLException(Alerts.java:192)
    at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.fatal(SSLSocketImpl.java:1884)

Caused by: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: KeyUsage does not allow key encipherment
    at sun.security.validator.EndEntityChecker.checkTLSServer(EndEntityChecker.java:264)
    at sun.security.ssl.ClientHandshaker.serverCertificate(ClientHandshaker.java:1323)

Please note that I have downloaded the certificates (Root, intermediate certificates) and added to AEM JRE using "keytool" command but still I am getting above exception.

In Root and intermediate certificates we have "key usage" array contains following fields.

Digital signature, Certificate signing, Off-line CRL signing, CRL signing(86)

Please check and advise, your assistance is much appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,

Vinayak S

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

There might be a problem with your JRE and SSL/TLS; with the security breaches around SSLv3 ("poodle"), a lot of websites have changed their encryption standards, and at least in java6 there were quite a few changes with the last versions regarding that; probably the same with java7. I would recommend to update your JRE/JDK first and then try again.

kind regards,
Jörg

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 10

Have you followed all instructions listed here:

http://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-0/administer/social-communities/social-connect.html#Create a Facebook Application

If you are following all of the specified instructions and are still getting an error - please file a ticket at the suport page:

http://helpx.adobe.com/marketing-cloud/contact-support.html

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

There might be a problem with your JRE and SSL/TLS; with the security breaches around SSLv3 ("poodle"), a lot of websites have changed their encryption standards, and at least in java6 there were quite a few changes with the last versions regarding that; probably the same with java7. I would recommend to update your JRE/JDK first and then try again.

kind regards,
Jörg

Level 2

Hi Smacdonald2008,

Good day !!

I have followed all instructions properly, its working fine in open network.

Currently I am working on South African network and not able to pull profile details with this but I am able to pull profile details with Indian network. So I thought it might be proxy issue, so I have set up the proxy in AEM 6.0 JVM and tried then I was getting following error.

"SSL handshake exception: unable to find valid certificate" - This is solved by adding certificates into JRE by using keytool.

After that I am getting new exception, please check and advise.

javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: KeyUsage does not allow key encipherment

Hi Jorg,

Currently I am using JDK 1.7 and JRE 7 version, please suggest me which version of JRE do I need to use.

Thanks & Regards,

Vinayak S

Employee Advisor

Hi,

I would recommend to the latest version of Oracle JDK (don't know which version is currently the latest one).

Regarding the exception I cannot help you :-( It also isn't specific to AEM. Looks like you might have some issues with keys and/or certificates.

kind regards,
Jörg