Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Extended Experience Fragment Component Not shown as a reference when publishing

Level 5

I have extended the OOTB Experience fragment component by setting it as my custom components super type. Everything works great except that when I publish the page, the references UI does not detect that the extended Experience Fragment is pointing to a reference and so does not trigger replication of the experience fragment and any images etc included in the fragment e.g. http://localhost:4502/libs/wcm/core/content/sites/publishpagewizard.html?item=/content/mysite/en/xft... shows nothing other than the page to replicate but if I use the OOTB XF component the XF itself and any images show up in the list of that url.

Do i need to add anything to my custom XF component other than setting the base XF as it's super type (sling:resourceSuperType="cq/experience-fragments/editor/components/experiencefragment") or is extending the base XF component not currently supported?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

Ignore me, I started over and it worked, I must of made a mistake along the way last time!

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 5

Ignore me, I started over and it worked, I must of made a mistake along the way last time!

Level 1

Hi - I know this is an old post, but we're trying to extend the Experience Fragment and I was hoping you could provide a little detail on how you did it to help me out.

We have copied the files under cq/experience-fragments/editor/components/experiencefragment and setting that as the sling:ResourceSuperType.  That seems to mostly work, but after doing that, we're unable to drag components onto pages anymore.  We can only double-click the "Drag components here" placeholders to add components.