Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

how to show all previous user comment in workflow branch next to

Level 2

Hi All,

I am new to AEM, exploring and learning stuff. Currently i am creating workflow with multiple reviewers task. As the workflow transition to next reviewer task (branch)  I wanted to show the user comment provided in all previous task under current comment field (attached screenshot). Please suggest on how to achieve this. 

Any article link or samples related to his will be of great help.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

We do not have a workflow artilce that shows how to pass user comments among workflow steps - this is a very specific use case and i do not think that i have ever seen this question before.

However - user comments represent workflow data and you can move workflow data from one step to another. To pass wf data between workflow steps - you use the WF API and a custom step. We have an article that shows you how to get data that is set by another workflow step. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/using/creating-custom-aem-workflow-pass-data.html

Hope this points you in the correct direction. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

We do not have a workflow artilce that shows how to pass user comments among workflow steps - this is a very specific use case and i do not think that i have ever seen this question before.

However - user comments represent workflow data and you can move workflow data from one step to another. To pass wf data between workflow steps - you use the WF API and a custom step. We have an article that shows you how to get data that is set by another workflow step. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/using/creating-custom-aem-workflow-pass-data.html

Hope this points you in the correct direction. 

Level 2

Thanks for the link. I already figured out on how to get the task comment, i was looking for information on how to set the comment string (i looped through and got all the comments and storing as string value) back to dialog textarea as value.