Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Error while calling path servlet in publish environment AEMaaCS

Level 2

Hi, 

We have registered a servlet in AEMaaCS with path "/bin/cookieservlet". The servlet needs to be triggered when clickin on a button and redirect to different page. The functionality is working fine in author environment. But in publish environment we are getting Resource not found error for the /bin/cookieservlet path. 

Not able to access system/console either from author or publish. 

Can someone help me on this ?

Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @SushmaNa,

Couple of checkpoints for this - 

1. Check whether the dispatcher is able to filter and allow request forward to publish 

# /005 { /type "allow" /url "/bin/*"    }  # allow bin path access

Also try to bind your servlet to resource type and not path if possible.

You can refer to the below URL for other ideas - 

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-manager/custom-servlet-is-not-hitt...

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 5

Is it the publisher or dispatcher ? I think it might be blocked on dispatcher level. Something like

/0121 { /type "allow" /url "/bin/cookieservlet"}

For accessing OSGI on cloud, you need access to developer console. Ask your system admin for that. 

h_kataria_0-1718953784292.png

Level 1

Hi @h_kataria 

Can a developer access OSGI on cloud higher environment , will they give access 

Thanks, Renju

Level 5

Hi @RenjuSh It varies from project to project. But generally developers can have access till dev environment. Stage and prod access is more restricted. 

Level 2

Hi @h_kataria 

Thanks for the reply!

Dispatcher is yet to be setup in our project. Can this issue be resolve after we set up the dispatcher ? 

Level 5

Yes, this can be done once the dispatcher has been setup properly but please make sure that issue is related to dispatcher only.
On AEMaaCS your publish also goes through a default dispatcher config (default.farm or publish.farm) generally found under conf.dispatcher.d/available_farms directory. You can simply add a filter rule there (similar to one I mentioned above) to allow your servlet to make sure that this issue is related to dispatcher config only.
Hope this helps.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @SushmaNa,

Couple of checkpoints for this - 

1. Check whether the dispatcher is able to filter and allow request forward to publish 

# /005 { /type "allow" /url "/bin/*"    }  # allow bin path access

Also try to bind your servlet to resource type and not path if possible.

You can refer to the below URL for other ideas - 

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-manager/custom-servlet-is-not-hitt...

Hope this helps!