Expand my Community achievements bar.

Error while building maven project with admin access

Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to build an archetype49 project using below command

mvn org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin:3.2.1:generate -DarchetypeGroupId=com.adobe.aem -DarchetypeArtifactId=aem-project-archetype -DarchetypeVersion=49 -DappTitle="My Site" -DappId="mysite" -DgroupId="com.mysite" 

Initially I was getting below error

PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target

So, I downloaded the SSL certificate from https://repo.maven.apache.org/ and installed under "C:\Program Files\Java\jdk-11\lib\security\cacerts.file" I used below command

keytool -importcert -file "C:\AEM65\mvncrt.crt" -alias aliasnamessl -keystore "C:\Program Files\Java\jdk-11\lib\security\cacerts.file" -storepass changeit

This seems to be resolving the issue until I encounter another error for dispatcher (I added another parameter  includeDispatcherConfig = y )

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin:3.2.1:generate (default-cli) on project standalone-pom: java.nio.file.FileSystemException: C:\AEM65\projects\mysite\dispatcher\src\conf.d\enabled_vhosts\aem_author.vhost: A required privilege is not held by the client.

SusilaVa1_0-1719302680260.png

To resolve this error, I tried running this maven build project command with administrator privilege. But now, I am getting SSL certificate validation failure error. 

I have the correct certificate installed and maven project build is successful if I run the command prompt without admin privilege.

Please, help!

Thanks,

Susila

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @SusilaVa1 

Can you please run Command Line as administrator and try?

Arun Patidar

Level 5

Java and Maven are the only tools which I think you need to create new project. I dont think you need any extra certificates as well.
Just cross check if maven and java are installed properly and you have correct System variables and Paths configured in your system.

h_kataria_0-1719307537824.png

I myself have Apache Maven 3.6.3 and Java 11 installed and I tried this sample and it worked fine: 

mvn -B org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin:3.2.1:generate -D archetypeGroupId=com.adobe.aem -D archetypeArtifactId=aem-project-archetype -D archetypeVersion=49 -D appTitle="My Site" -D appId="mysite" -D groupId="com.mysite" -D aemVersion=6.5.8 -D includeDispatcherConfig="y"

And yes, you will have to run the CMD in admin mode, otherwise you might get that error A required privilege is not held by the client.
If there are any permission issues then you can also try creating the project in your user directory (C:\Users\<user>\Downloads) rather than keeping it under C drive
Hope this helps

Administrator

@SusilaVa1 Did you find the suggestion helpful? Please let us know if you require more information. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you've discovered a solution yourself, we would appreciate it if you could share it with the community. Thank you!  

Kautuk Sahni

Community Advisor

Running command prompt as admin will fix the build issue. If you don't have admin right in your system then set includeDispatcherConfig = n and run the command.