Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

Debugger using Intelij for angular frontend project

Level 1

Hi, I am working on a project in which the front end is Angular. I am trying to set up a debugger to check the values in the sling model on runtime. But my debugger is not stopping at the breakpoints. however, I am connected to the socket. below is my configuration. 

HARPREETSI5_0-1719405122217.png

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

If you have started your AEM using the standard debugging options i.e.

-Djava.awt.headless=true -agentlib:jdwp=transport=dt_socket,address=30303,server=y,suspend=n

then change the JDK9 or later option to JDK 5-8 and it should work

h_kataria_0-1719423911869.png
Adjust the port as per your configuration.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi, 

Please check this article: https://aemgeeks.com/aem-debugging/how-to-start-aem-in-debug-mode/ 

Things to double-check:

• Ensure your AEM instance is running in debug mode.

• The port which is part of your debug start script matches the port in your IDE
  • Verify that the code deployed is the same as the code you are debugging. Sometimes, it is useful to redeploy the code to ensure it is up to date; otherwise, it may not work.

Hope this helps

Esteban Bustamante

Level 1

I have done all the above and still cannot stop the debugger at breakpoints. 

Community Advisor

Try to remove all code from your instance, manually delete the code references via CRX/de, delete the packages installed in the package manager, and then redeploy your code. After completing these steps, make sure that your code functions correctly in the instance, that the bundle is active, and so on. Next, try enabling debug mode in IntelliJ.

Esteban Bustamante

Correct answer by
Level 7

If you have started your AEM using the standard debugging options i.e.

-Djava.awt.headless=true -agentlib:jdwp=transport=dt_socket,address=30303,server=y,suspend=n

then change the JDK9 or later option to JDK 5-8 and it should work

h_kataria_0-1719423911869.png
Adjust the port as per your configuration.

Level 1

I fixed the issue not sure if that is the reason or not. I was running my instance on Powershell. But when I started the instance on cmd with run as admin. It worked. 

Thanks for the reply