Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

Error while calling path servlet in publish environment AEMaaCS

Level 2

Hi, 

We have registered a servlet in AEMaaCS with path "/bin/cookieservlet". The servlet needs to be triggered when clickin on a button and redirect to different page. The functionality is working fine in author environment. But in publish environment we are getting Resource not found error for the /bin/cookieservlet path. 

Not able to access system/console either from author or publish. 

Can someone help me on this ?

Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @SushmaNa,

Couple of checkpoints for this - 

1. Check whether the dispatcher is able to filter and allow request forward to publish 

# /005 { /type "allow" /url "/bin/*"    }  # allow bin path access

Also try to bind your servlet to resource type and not path if possible.

You can refer to the below URL for other ideas - 

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-manager/custom-servlet-is-not-hitt...

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 7

Is it the publisher or dispatcher ? I think it might be blocked on dispatcher level. Something like

/0121 { /type "allow" /url "/bin/cookieservlet"}

For accessing OSGI on cloud, you need access to developer console. Ask your system admin for that. 

h_kataria_0-1718953784292.png

Level 1

Hi @h_kataria 

Can a developer access OSGI on cloud higher environment , will they give access 

Thanks, Renju

Level 7

Hi @RenjuSh It varies from project to project. But generally developers can have access till dev environment. Stage and prod access is more restricted. 

Level 2

Hi @h_kataria 

Thanks for the reply!

Dispatcher is yet to be setup in our project. Can this issue be resolve after we set up the dispatcher ? 

Level 7

Yes, this can be done once the dispatcher has been setup properly but please make sure that issue is related to dispatcher only.
On AEMaaCS your publish also goes through a default dispatcher config (default.farm or publish.farm) generally found under conf.dispatcher.d/available_farms directory. You can simply add a filter rule there (similar to one I mentioned above) to allow your servlet to make sure that this issue is related to dispatcher config only.
Hope this helps.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @SushmaNa,

Couple of checkpoints for this - 

1. Check whether the dispatcher is able to filter and allow request forward to publish 

# /005 { /type "allow" /url "/bin/*"    }  # allow bin path access

Also try to bind your servlet to resource type and not path if possible.

You can refer to the below URL for other ideas - 

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-manager/custom-servlet-is-not-hitt...

Hope this helps!