Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Error related to ecmascript 6 while building pipeline in cloud manager for AEM as cloud service

Level 2

I am building and deploying a project on AEM cloud instance via cloud manager deploy pipeline for the first time.

and the build images step is failing with lots of errors like the one below related to libs components.

Jun 10, 2020 8:58:03 AM com.google.javascript.jscomp.LoggerErrorManager println
SEVERE: /libs/cq/ups/rte/plugin.js:574: ERROR - This language feature is only supported for ECMASCRIPT6 mode or better: const declaration.
const context = this.editorKernel.editContext;

Any body faced same issue or any pointers?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hello @asn_india 

The /libs/clientlibs/granite/coralui2 node has a jsProcessor property set to "min:gcc". This means that this property takes precedence over the configuration in the HTML Library Manager. And this somewhat explains this - "This language feature is only supported for ECMASCRIPT6 mode"

Although, It would be great if you log a ticket where a Support Engineer could work with you by looking into your Cloud environment.

Hope this helps!

Warm regards,

Nidz

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Employee Advisor

Can you log a ticket and share the deployment URL?

We can check what's going on in the backend

Employee Advisor

Detailed logs need to be checked in order to resolve this case, open a case with Adobe Support for this issue.

Correct answer by
Employee

Hello @asn_india 

The /libs/clientlibs/granite/coralui2 node has a jsProcessor property set to "min:gcc". This means that this property takes precedence over the configuration in the HTML Library Manager. And this somewhat explains this - "This language feature is only supported for ECMASCRIPT6 mode"

Although, It would be great if you log a ticket where a Support Engineer could work with you by looking into your Cloud environment.

Hope this helps!

Warm regards,

Nidz

Level 2

Thank You Nidhi....That seems to be the issue.

I tried specifying options to make default as ECMASCRIPT6 at our project's clientlibs(/apps ones) and errors related to those clientlibs were gone in next deploy attempt.

For libs though I wont be able to do so....so trying to put up a osgiconfig for HTML Library Manager...lets see if that solves the problem with libs one's.

Level 1

Hi @asn_india  i am facing the same issue where pipeline is failing while building image and getting ecmascript6 error. How did you solved this issue?