Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Error 503 when initializing the AEM 6.5.0 instance

Level 2

Hi everyone,
I am new to AEM and i am trying to pull up instance  from windows, only when i try to do it i get warnings

OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM warning: Ignoring option MaxPermSize; support was removed in 8.0
Listening for transport dt_socket at address: 30303
Loading quickstart properties: default
Loading quickstart properties: instance
Low-memory action set to fork
Using 64bit VM settings, min.heap=1024MB, min permgen=256MB, default fork arguments=[-Xmx1024m, -XX:MaxPermSize=256m]
The JVM reports a heap size of 2048 MB, meets our expectation of 1024 MB +/- 20
Setting properties from filename 'C:/Users/jacket/Documents/Tools/instance/AEM Instances/cq-quickstart-6.5.0-author-p4502.jar'
Option '-quickstart.server.port' set to '4502' from filename cq-quickstart-6.5.0-author-p4502.jar
Setting 'sling.run.modes' to 'local,author' from command line.
Verbose option not active, closing stdin and redirecting stdout and stderr
Redirecting stdout to C:\Users\jacket\\Documents\Tools\instance\AEM Instances\crx-quickstart\logs\stdout.log
Redirecting stderr to C:\Users\jacket\Documents\Tools\instance\AEM Instances\crx-quickstart\logs\stderr.log
Press CTRL-C to shutdown the Quickstart server...
WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred
WARNING: Illegal reflective access by org.apache.felix.framework.ext.ClassPathExtenderFactory$DefaultClassLoaderExtender (file:/C:/Users/jacket/Documents/Tools/instance/AEM%20Instances/crx-quickstart/launchpad/org.apache.sling.launchpad.base.jar) to method java.net.URLClassLoader.addURL(java.net.URL)
WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of org.apache.felix.framework.ext.ClassPathExtenderFactory$DefaultClassLoaderExtender
WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal reflective access operations
WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release

and what appears to me going to the localhost is this: 

HTTP ERROR 503
Problem accessing /. Reason:

AuthenticationSupport service missing. Cannot authenticate request.

Thanks to everyone for any possible help.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@Jacket97 

Looks to be your repository is corrupted. please try the below:
1. Check whether your Apache Sling Authentication Service Bundle is active or not (http://localhost:4502/system/console/bundles/)- if not active then try to activate it manually.
2. Stop the AEM instance - Go to folder crx-quickstart/repository/remove folder index -> Start the AEM
3. Go for a re-indexing - http://www.wemblog.com/2011/12/how-to-rebuild-index-in-cq5-wem.html

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

Try increasing the memory and restart the instance using below command

For ex: C:\adobe\CQ5\author>java -jar cq-author-4502.jar -Xmx1024m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m

Level 2

Hi Ravi!

I tried to do as you say but it gives me this error :

C:\Users\jacket\Documents\Tools\instance\AEM Instances>java -jar cq-quickstart-6.5.0-author-p4502.jar -Xmx1024m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m
Loading quickstart properties: default
Loading quickstart properties: instance
org.apache.commons.cli2.OptionException: Unexpected -Xmx1024m while processing Use these options on the Quickstart command line.
        at org.apache.commons.cli2.commandline.Parser.parse(Parser.java:99)
        at com.adobe.granite.quickstart.base.impl.Main.<init>(Main.java:594)
        at com.adobe.granite.quickstart.base.impl.Main.main(Main.java:981)
Quickstart: aborting

also I tried to start it from a script but it keeps giving me the same error mentioned at the beginning

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@Jacket97 

Looks to be your repository is corrupted. please try the below:
1. Check whether your Apache Sling Authentication Service Bundle is active or not (http://localhost:4502/system/console/bundles/)- if not active then try to activate it manually.
2. Stop the AEM instance - Go to folder crx-quickstart/repository/remove folder index -> Start the AEM
3. Go for a re-indexing - http://www.wemblog.com/2011/12/how-to-rebuild-index-in-cq5-wem.html