Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Editable Template policy is not getting updated with mode=merge or mode=update or mode=replace or without any mode

Level 2

My current version is AEM 6.5.12

I need to delete flex_grid from xxx template policies.

aayushagrawal_2-1669276344975.png

I have tried with all the options in filter.xml but my changes are not reflected in crx/de post deployment.

Note

1. After I remove flex_grid node from codebase and build the package then flex_grid node is removed in the build package.

2. If I delete section-fw manually and reinstall the package then flex_grid will be removed in crx/de.

Awaiting for your suggestions!! @arunpatidar 

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

can you try removing the merge mode.

Make sure you are checking at right place. policies are stores inside /conf/<path>/settings/wcm/policies and templates uses inside template e.g.

/conf/<path>//settings/wcm/templates/my-template/policies/

can you try to add this two path in the filter.xml without any mode.

Arun Patidar

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Employee Advisor

hi @aayushagrawal, Mode should be replace as you are expecting to delete the node. Please refer to filevault modes.

Jackrabbit FileVault – Workspace Filter (apache.org)

Level 4

I have the same issue. When using mode="merge" or mode="update" you need to manually remove the old template on the crx/de before deployment.

Employee Advisor

hi @bhoang , yes correct as none of these mode i.e. merge or update delete the content as mentioned by Jackrabbit filevault. Only mode which deletes the content is replace.

Level 2

replace is also not working for me. i.e I have mentioned in the subject that none of the mode is working for me. I am not able to delete flex_grid node. 

Employee Advisor

Hi @aayushagrawal can you please share your filter.xml file

And have you tried with complete path of template or base folder ?

Level 2

Hi @Nikita___Garg  pls see below snippet of filter.xml file

aayushagrawal_0-1669294458699.png

This is complete path of my template.

Employee Advisor

@aayushagrawal Code filter looks ok. Have you deleted it from codebase and build ,deploy the code ?

Level 5

filter elements

The filter elements are independent of each other and define include and exclude patters for subtrees. The root of a subtree is defined by the root attribute, which must be an absolute path.

The filter element can have an optional mode attribute which specified the import mode used when importing content.

Available Filter Modes

replace -

Existing content will be replaced completely by the imported content, i.e. is overridden or deleted.

merge -

Existing content is not modified, i.e. only new content is added and none is deleted or modified.

update -

Existing content is updated, new content is added and none is deleted

Community Advisor

Hi,

You need to delete  flex_grid node from codebase and build the package and deploy using replace filter.

make sure the version of install package is higher or snapshot.

Arun Patidar

Level 2

Thanks @arunpatidar for your input. Higher version of package was missing before however increasing the package version also didn't work. If I add anything in the policies it will be reflected but in case of removing anything from the policies doesn't reflect. 

Any other suggestion?

Regards,
Aayush

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

can you try removing the merge mode.

Make sure you are checking at right place. policies are stores inside /conf/<path>/settings/wcm/policies and templates uses inside template e.g.

/conf/<path>//settings/wcm/templates/my-template/policies/

can you try to add this two path in the filter.xml without any mode.

Arun Patidar