Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

eclipse, how to connect to an existing local (cloud) server instance with developer tools?

Level 9

We are using the cloud AEM jar which is run using 

java -jar aem-publish-p4503.jar" and/or 

java -jar aem-author-p4502.jar

This page: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-64/developing/devtools/aem-eclipse.html?l...

Shows a dialog for adding an existing local server:

TB3dock_0-1672523190296.png

However, this doesnt seem to exist. The current server section only allows "new" servers to be created on port 8080, not to connect to an existing local server on port 5403.

TB3dock_0-1672523936715.png

Is there any way to use the AEM Eclipse dev tools with a locally running cloud instance?

Basically, we would like to put some content into our project and have it deployed to the AEM server, but it's hard to hand write content.xml files.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@TB3dock You can create the package as I mentioned above instead manual writing and import it in your file system. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Dear @TB3dock ,

If it's just one time activity I would suggest to create package through package manager - download and extract it to have it in file system. (.content files might be in hidden mode just in case if you are using Mac) unhide them by pressing cmd + shift + .

Additionally you can use different IDE's eg. Intellij with IntelliVault or VSCode.

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Santosh

Level 9

Hi, thanks for the reply. I am using eclipse, with the AEM plugin, but I cant get it to work.  I have the cloud SDK version of AEM running on port 4502 and 4503, but I cant find a way to connect to it.   I can obvoiusly deploy our app locally using

mvn install  -PautoInstallPackage

But this doesnt help me with having to hand write hundreds of content.xml files, when I should be able to get them from the running server.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@TB3dock You can create the package as I mentioned above instead manual writing and import it in your file system.