Highlighted

Eclipse AEM Error when running Site

VaibhavMishra

29-04-2020

Hi Team,

I am getting below error when I am trying to run AEM Multimode Project in Eclipse.  Has anyone faced same thing  ?

================================================================

[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[ERROR] [ERROR] Some problems were encountered while processing the POMs:
[ERROR] Child module C:\Users\eclipse-workspace\vaem.example\dispatcher of C:\Users\eclipse-workspace\vaem.example\pom.xml does not exist @
@
[ERROR] The build could not read 1 project -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] The project org.myorg.vaem:vaem.example:0.0.1-SNAPSHOT (C:\Users\eclipse-workspace\vaem.example\pom.xml) has 1 error
[ERROR] Child module C:\Users\eclipse-workspace\vaem.example\dispatcher of C:\Users\eclipse-workspace\vaem.example\pom.xml does not exist
[ERROR]
[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch.
[ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.
[ERROR]
[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/ProjectBuildingException

Replies

Highlighted
Highlighted

Singaiah_Chintalapudi

MVP

29-04-2020

Looks like you've deleted the dispatcher module but did not modify the parent pom config. Open your parent pom: C:\Users\eclipse-workspace\vaem.example\pom.xml  and search for dispatcher module and comment that out or delete.

Highlighted

Theo_Pendle

MVP

30-04-2020

Hi,

I guess you generated the project using :

mvn -B archetype:generate

Did that the command actually worked? I've had the issue before where I ran the command, did something else and then tried to run the project and got the result you did.

What I hadn't noticed was that the command had failed halfway through! So it had generated some modules and not others, resulting in a broken project that wouldn't build 😕