Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Eclipse AEM Error when running Site

Level 2

Hi Team,

I am getting below error when I am trying to run AEM Multimode Project in Eclipse.  Has anyone faced same thing  ?

================================================================

[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[ERROR] [ERROR] Some problems were encountered while processing the POMs:
[ERROR] Child module C:\Users\eclipse-workspace\vaem.example\dispatcher of C:\Users\eclipse-workspace\vaem.example\pom.xml does not exist @
@
[ERROR] The build could not read 1 project -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] The project org.myorg.vaem:vaem.example:0.0.1-SNAPSHOT (C:\Users\eclipse-workspace\vaem.example\pom.xml) has 1 error
[ERROR] Child module C:\Users\eclipse-workspace\vaem.example\dispatcher of C:\Users\eclipse-workspace\vaem.example\pom.xml does not exist
[ERROR]
[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch.
[ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.
[ERROR]
[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/ProjectBuildingException

11 Replies

Community Advisor

HI @VaibhavMishra ,

Could you please let know the maven archetype version that you used for creating multi-module project.

Community Advisor

Looks like you've deleted the dispatcher module but did not modify the parent pom config. Open your parent pom: C:\Users\eclipse-workspace\vaem.example\pom.xml  and search for dispatcher module and comment that out or delete.

Level 2
Also, I am using guide from this link . https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/experience-manager-65/developing/devtools/aem-eclipse.html . It may need to be updated as recent versions might not be running using this Guide

Level 10

Hi,

I guess you generated the project using :

mvn -B archetype:generate

Did that the command actually worked? I've had the issue before where I ran the command, did something else and then tried to run the project and got the result you did.

What I hadn't noticed was that the command had failed halfway through! So it had generated some modules and not others, resulting in a broken project that wouldn't build 

Employee Advisor

It looks like either you still have the dispatcher module in the code and the corresponding POM file does not exist OR the other way around.

C:\Users\eclipse-workspace\vaem.example\pom.xml does not exist

Please validate both the module and pom file exists.