Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

Delete Versions of deleted Assets or Pages

Level 2

Hi guys,

we wonder how to delete versions of Assets or Pages, which are already deleted.

We tried the different purge tools, but none of them delete versions of deleted assets or pages.

I know that this is a feature of a version, to get old (or deleted) content back. But I don't believe that there is no option or possibility to explizit delete versions of deleted content.

Any ideas or hints?

Regards, Maik

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

You are right, there is no OOTB feature to delete versions of a deleted page. You have to write some code to achieve that.

You can look into updating the delete functionality[1] to first delete all the versions(Using Version Manager API) related to the page before completing the deletion.

[1] /libs/wcm/core/content/sites/jcr:content/actions/selection/deletepage

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

You are right, there is no OOTB feature to delete versions of a deleted page. You have to write some code to achieve that.

You can look into updating the delete functionality[1] to first delete all the versions(Using Version Manager API) related to the page before completing the deletion.

[1] /libs/wcm/core/content/sites/jcr:content/actions/selection/deletepage