Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

data inject to JCR null when try to resolve

Level 3

Gentlemen,

Thank you for helping me with some of my questions.

I am facing a technical issue

a) I am calling a java class from the sling scheduler which runs at regular interval.

b) This java class has code which will delete nodes from specific path in the jcr and recreates them based on the data given by other service.

In the scheduler

run method   (using the below code)

AspectServiceImpl objAspectServiceImpl = new AspectServiceImpl();

try {

Boolean result = objAspectServiceImpl.InjectAlertData(alertList);

}

In the AspectServiceImpl  (I have a method InjectAlertData, i have datawrite configured in OSGI configuration, this will open connection and insert data into specified node)

@Override

public boolean InjectAlertData(List<AlertModel> alertList) throws Exception

{

log.info("into injectalertdata  " + alertList.size()); 

try

{

Map<String, Object> param = new HashMap<String, Object>();

log.info("into map"); 

param.put(ResourceResolverFactory.SUBSERVICE, "datawrite");

log.info("after datawrite"); 

ResourceResolver resolver = null;

log.info("into injectalertdata try"); 

resolver = resolverFactory.getServiceResourceResolver(param);      (this is throwing error not much description , just says null)

log.info("after resolver"); 

session = resolver.adaptTo(Session.class);

did any one of you face this issue?  If yes can you please guide me to resolve this.

7 Replies

Level 10

Why do you instantiate the service in your code yourself?  -   AspectServiceImpl objAspectServiceImpl = new AspectServiceImpl();

Can you confirm that your scheduler is annotated with SCR/OSGI annotations?

Refer code samples here -

acs-aem-samples/bundle/src/main/java/com/adobe/acs/samples/schedulers/impl at master · Adobe-Consult...

https://adobe-consulting-services.github.io/acs-aem-samples/

Level 3

Thanks for the reply Gaurav,

I do not know any other way to instantiate a class at this point  (AspectSerivceImpl).  If there is any other way, please share.

I am using the archtype19 project which comes with sample code(simpleScheduledTask), I am using that.

Can you please elaborate more on SCR/OSGI annotation please...

Community Advisor

Hi,

Just to check do you have system user and mapping in place to get subservice sesison

resolver = resolverFactory.getServiceResourceResolver(param);      (this is throwing error not much description , just says null)

Service Users in AEM

Arun Patidar

Employee Advisor

Services should not be instantiated, but just referenced. Therefor it's best they are stateless, in case multiple invocations can happen at the same time.

Jörg

Level 3

Thanks all for your support. 

AspectServiceImpl objAspectServiceImpl = new AspectServiceImpl();  (this should be just referenced using the OSGI).