Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Customize omni search path to be more specific than /content/dam

Level 4

We have a requirement where our main contents are under - /content/dam/<site> and we have big chunk of assets on /content/dam/archive folder.

We are trying to figure out how we can customize the default behavior of the search so that it always checks under /content/dam/<site> and fetch results. Our users do not want to "Select Search Directory" option. I am not where I can find the overlay or if I could create smart collection and make it as a default.

We tried overlayng /libs/dam/gui/coral/components/admin/customsearch/searchpredicates/pathbrowserpredicate/pathbrowserpredicate.jsp but that it is not picking up by default unless we change the "Select Search Directory" again.

Any idea or suggestions?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

My co-worker came up with an idea to overlay the /libs/granite/ui/components/shell/clientlibs/shell/js/omnisearch.js  and customized this javascript file for adjusting pathPredicate.value line 616. This has worked for us.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 4

Thank you but the above option let us customize the "Assets Admin Search Rail". However my requirement is that in the top search panel itself, either I by default prefix the path predicate along with the "Location: Assets" or internally search only under the location - /content/dam/myrealcontents instead of /content/dam/archive.

I tried checking at - /libs/granite/ui/components/shell/omnisearch/overlay/overlay.jsp and /libs/wcm/core/content/damadmin/treeRoot, /libs/wcm/core/content/damadmin/search as well for updating the url but no luck yet .

I have used the example from - Extending Assets Search

Correct answer by
Level 4

My co-worker came up with an idea to overlay the /libs/granite/ui/components/shell/clientlibs/shell/js/omnisearch.js  and customized this javascript file for adjusting pathPredicate.value line 616. This has worked for us.