Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

crx2oak migration tool issues

Level 2

Hi,

I am trying to migrate content using crx2oak-1.4.4-standalone.jar tool. I give the below command and it says. 

java -jar crx2oak-1.4.4-standalone.jar G:\AEM\AEM6\crx-quickstart\repository G:\AEM\Publish\crx-quickstart\repository  --include-path=/content

I am new to AEM and trying this migration in localhost. Also, I have only handful of pages in content directory.

Error message on the command prompt.

30.08.2016 20:59:04.310 [main] *WARN*  org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.segment.file.TarReader - Renaming failed, so using copy to backup G:\AEM\AEM6\crx-qu
ickstart\repository\segmentstore\data00004a.tar
Exception in thread "main" java.io.IOException: Could not remove broken tar file G:\AEM\AEM6\crx-quickstart\repository\segmentstore\data00004a.tar
        at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.segment.file.TarReader.backupSafely(TarReader.java:237)
        at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.segment.file.TarReader.collectFileEntries(TarReader.java:196)
        at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.segment.file.TarReader.open(TarReader.java:125)
        at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.segment.file.FileStore.<init>(FileStore.java:444)
        at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.segment.file.FileStore.<init>(FileStore.java:91)
        at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.segment.file.FileStore$Builder.create(FileStore.java:359)
        at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.upgrade.cli.node.SegmentFactory.create(SegmentFactory.java:52)
        at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.upgrade.cli.node.StoreFactory.create(StoreFactory.java:56)
        at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.upgrade.cli.MigrationFactory.createSidegrade(MigrationFactory.java:61)
        at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.upgrade.cli.OakUpgrade.sidegrade(OakUpgrade.java:69)
        at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.upgrade.cli.OakUpgrade.migrate(OakUpgrade.java:55)
        at com.adobe.granite.crx2oak.CRX2Oak.main(CRX2Oak.java:78)

Also, I see that every time I restart the server, a new tar file is created. For example data00004a.tar was the latest in the above case. I bounce the server and run the crx2oak tool again it gives the dame error for data00005a.tar file.

Please advise.

Thanks

8 Replies

Level 2

smacdonald2008 wrote...

Have you gone through the docs on this subject: https://docs.adobe.com/content/docs/en/aem/6-1/deploy/upgrade/using-crx2oak.html

Yes, I referred the same link to get started. Please let me know if I have missed something.

Employee

30.08.2016 20:59:04.310 [main] *WARN*  org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.segment.file.TarReader - Renaming failed, so using copy to backup G:\AEM\AEM6\crx-qu
ickstart\repository\segmentstore\data00004a.tar
Exception in thread "main" java.io.IOException: Could not remove broken tar file G:\AEM\AEM6\crx-   

Seems t orelate to data tar permissions and ownership? Generally could happen if you start Aem with aem user and then root may be? Can you check file permissions and ownership of all your files please?

Employee

From what version of AEM are you trying to migrate? Did you check the file permissions of those data tar files? Are they owned by aem user?

Level 2

vmehrotr wrote...

From what version of AEM are you trying to migrate? Did you check the file permissions of those data tar files? Are they owned by aem user?

AEM 6.1 version it is. What do you mean by file permissions ?

Employee

If still not resolved, please file a daycare ticket for it.

Employee

Data tar permissions and ownership. Go to crx-quickstart/repository/segmentstore and do a ls -ltr to check permissions and ownership

Level 2

vmehrotr wrote...

Data tar permissions and ownership. Go to crx-quickstart/repository/segmentstore and do a ls -ltr to check permissions and ownership

This is in Windows environment and simple instance and not complex things like runmodes, nosamplecontent and other stuff are involved in it. Two simple AEM 6.1 instances in Windows environment.