Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Component Reload

Level 3

Hi,

I need to reload my component when i edit . It should not reload the whole page.

If my page is having 10 components , if i edit a component in it, only that component should be reload.

Please Provide any links to refer this concept.

8 Replies

Level 10

When you edit a given component by opening its dialog, entering data and clicking dialog done button - the component is refreshed.

Level 3

Hi Scott,

I don't want the entire page to reload after submitting the dialog.

I have read a sling concept which will enable that particular edited component to reload but not the entire page.

Could you provide any such references?

Community Advisor

Hi,

As Scott suggested REFRESH_SELF will help.

More info

AEM Components - The Basics

Other option you could be looking for along with edit

afterdeleteThe handler is triggered after the component is removed.REFRESH_SELF
aftereditThe handler is triggered after the component is edited.REFRESH_SELF
aftercopyThe handler is triggered after the component is copied.REFRESH_SELF
afterinsertThe handler is triggered after the component is inserted.REFRESH_INSERTED
aftermoveThe handler is triggered after the component is moved.REFRESH_SELFMOVED

Arun Patidar

Level 3

Thanks Scott and Arun for the posts, but is there anything that can be implemented at sling level for this kind of functionality?

Community Advisor

Hi,

What do you mean by component refresh at sling level. Sling render the content of the component in the page, do you want to alter that content? Can you please explain your use case?

Arun Patidar

Level 3

Hi Arun,

In normal scenario's when I edit the dialog and submit , the whole page will reload which means all the other components which are not edited will also load again which I didn't want  to happen.

I want only the particular component to load  again instead of whole page refresh.

Level 10

The thread i referenced states how to do what you want.