Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Can we use system users in Dispatcher Flush agents

Level 2

I have a requirement to use System users as dispatcher flush agents.  But while setting up, i saw the below message. I'm trying to setup 4 separate dispatcher flush agents for 4 different sub domains. 

VaishnaS1_0-1636047267982.png

Can someone help me clear my doubt of how to add 4 different system users as dispatcher flush agents

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I tried with normal user but not with system users. I hope this will work with system users also where you can specify different system users for different agents, but make sure the system user has appropriate access.

please check below which has detailed info on agents.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/deploying/configuring/replication.html... 

Please update the outcome here when you try with system users so that it would be helpful for others  

thanks

Thanks

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Employee Advisor

I think that it should also work with system users. 

Community Advisor

Hi @VaishnaS1 - Can you please let us know what level of permission you have given to the user "about-flush-user" which is configured in your flush agent ?

What are you trying to archive from the user - "about-flush-user" ?

The /allowedClients property (in Dispatcher farm section ) defines specific clients that are allowed to flush the cache. 

Example:

# The allowedClients section restricts the client IP addresses that are
# allowed to issue activation requests.
/allowedClients
{
# deny all clients
/0000 { /glob "*" /type "deny" }
# allow local host connection
/0001 { /glob "127.0.0.1" /type "allow" }
/0002 { /glob "localhost" /type "allow" }
# allow example some AEM publish server
/0003 { /glob "192.168.3.9" /type "allow" }
}

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I tried with normal user but not with system users. I hope this will work with system users also where you can specify different system users for different agents, but make sure the system user has appropriate access.

please check below which has detailed info on agents.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/deploying/configuring/replication.html... 

Please update the outcome here when you try with system users so that it would be helpful for others  

thanks

Thanks