Tip /
Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
BedrockMission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

SOLVED

Can we change default error message of fileupload sizelimit?

arvindk091986
Level 2
Level 2

Hi everyone,

I am here applying a sizelimit property to the assets uploaded in DAM, in Touch UI. Is there a way for us to change the error message displayed on alert box? The current default message displayed is more generic.

Appreciate your help.

1821555_pastedImage_0.png

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution
Vish_dhaliwal
Correct answer by
Employee
Employee

I just checked in 6.4, such a message is coming from /libs/dam/gui/coral/components/commons/fileupload/clientlibs/fileupload/js/fileupload.js

You can create an overlay of fileupload.js file under apps.

Regards,

Vishu

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Vish_dhaliwal
Correct answer by
Employee
Employee

I just checked in 6.4, such a message is coming from /libs/dam/gui/coral/components/commons/fileupload/clientlibs/fileupload/js/fileupload.js

You can create an overlay of fileupload.js file under apps.

Regards,

Vishu

View solution in original post

arvindk091986
Level 2
Level 2

Vish.dhaliwal​ - I believe we cannot overlay the clientlibs, rather can override by creating another clientlib in my project. Please correct me if I am wrong. I tried creating a clientlib with the category "dam.gui.coral.fileupload", it still picks up the /libs/dam/gui/coral/components/commons/fileupload/clientlibs/fileupload/js/fileupload.js and not my custom file located at /etc/designs/myproject/clientlib-dam-coral/fileupload/fileupload.js Is there anything missing, that you might think of?

Theo_Pendle
Community Advisor
Community Advisor

I think what Vishu means is that you overlay the JS file. To do so, take the file at

/libs/dam/gui/coral/components/commons/fileupload/clientlibs/fileupload/js/fileupload.js

Copy it to

/apps/dam/gui/coral/components/commons/fileupload/clientlibs/fileupload/js/fileupload.js

Then make your modifications.

When AEM fetches fileupload.js, it will first look under /apps and if it does not find anything, then under /libs The concept is explained here: Overlays