Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Can we change default error message of fileupload sizelimit?

Level 3

Hi everyone,

I am here applying a sizelimit property to the assets uploaded in DAM, in Touch UI. Is there a way for us to change the error message displayed on alert box? The current default message displayed is more generic.

Appreciate your help.

1821555_pastedImage_0.png

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

I just checked in 6.4, such a message is coming from /libs/dam/gui/coral/components/commons/fileupload/clientlibs/fileupload/js/fileupload.js

You can create an overlay of fileupload.js file under apps.

Regards,

Vishu

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

I just checked in 6.4, such a message is coming from /libs/dam/gui/coral/components/commons/fileupload/clientlibs/fileupload/js/fileupload.js

You can create an overlay of fileupload.js file under apps.

Regards,

Vishu

Level 3

Vish.dhaliwal​ - I believe we cannot overlay the clientlibs, rather can override by creating another clientlib in my project. Please correct me if I am wrong. I tried creating a clientlib with the category "dam.gui.coral.fileupload", it still picks up the /libs/dam/gui/coral/components/commons/fileupload/clientlibs/fileupload/js/fileupload.js and not my custom file located at /etc/designs/myproject/clientlib-dam-coral/fileupload/fileupload.js Is there anything missing, that you might think of?

Level 10

I think what Vishu means is that you overlay the JS file. To do so, take the file at

/libs/dam/gui/coral/components/commons/fileupload/clientlibs/fileupload/js/fileupload.js

Copy it to

/apps/dam/gui/coral/components/commons/fileupload/clientlibs/fileupload/js/fileupload.js

Then make your modifications.

When AEM fetches fileupload.js, it will first look under /apps and if it does not find anything, then under /libs The concept is explained here: Overlays