Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

Can't extract Sling model values in Sightly

Level 7

Hi All,

I am having an issue with extracting a sling model variable in Sightly. Here is the code:

<sly data-sly-use.utilModel="mysite.UtilModel"/>
<div class="image-title" style="background-image: url('${utilModel.imageRef}');">

=== Output ===
<div class="image-title" style="background-image: url('');">

But if I do the following, I will get the value of the variable:

<div>${utilModel.imageRef}</div>

=== Output ===

<div>/content/dam/camera2-3.jpg</div>

I tested a few cases, it looks like the `style=...` has an impact on it. Can someone explain how to extract a value within inline style?

Thanks!

-kt

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor
For style and script contexts, it is mandatory to set a context. If the context isn't set, the expression shouldn't output anything.

<!--/* Styles */-->
<a href="#whatever" style="color: ${colorName @ context='styleToken'};">Link</a>
<style>
  a.${className @ context="styleToken"} {
    font-family: '${fontFamily @ context="styleString"}', sans-serif;
    color: #${colorHashValue @ context="styleToken"};
    margin-${side @ context="styleToken"}: 1em; /* E.g. for bi-directional text */
  }
</style>

<div style="background-image: url(${utilModel.imageRef @ context= 'styleString' });">​</div> <!-- You can use text as context also -->

Reference: https://github.com/adobe/htl-spec/blob/master/SPECIFICATION.md#113-context-sensitive 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor
For style and script contexts, it is mandatory to set a context. If the context isn't set, the expression shouldn't output anything.

<!--/* Styles */-->
<a href="#whatever" style="color: ${colorName @ context='styleToken'};">Link</a>
<style>
  a.${className @ context="styleToken"} {
    font-family: '${fontFamily @ context="styleString"}', sans-serif;
    color: #${colorHashValue @ context="styleToken"};
    margin-${side @ context="styleToken"}: 1em; /* E.g. for bi-directional text */
  }
</style>

<div style="background-image: url(${utilModel.imageRef @ context= 'styleString' });">​</div> <!-- You can use text as context also -->

Reference: https://github.com/adobe/htl-spec/blob/master/SPECIFICATION.md#113-context-sensitive 

Level 7

Thank you! it works. I used context='uri' and it didn't work, so I thought it had nothing to do with context.

Community Advisor

@kevingtan , As @Mahedi_Sabuj  mentioned it is required to set context for Style and Script tokens as XSS is implicit in HTL/Sightly code.

Please have this HTL/Sightly style guide handy for future reference: https://www.netcentric.biz/insights/2015/08/aem-sightly-style-guide